Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Breakfast Table













This is what I find on my breakfast table EVERY morning. James' Bible, his book, his glasses and his place mat. He gets up at 4:00 every morning. He is very habitual. He gets ready for work, makes MY coffee, eats his breakfast and spends time with the Lord before leaving for the day.

I can't tell you what I felt this morning when I stumbled in for my first cup of coffee. It gives me great peace to know that my kitchen has been saturated in prayer and quality time with God by the man I love the most. There at the table, he prays for me and he prays for our children and grandchildren.

How blessed is our family to have James. He is a Godly man. He listens to God and He obeys God. It hasn't always been easy for the kids with James being the disciplinarian that he is, but everything he has done and said has been to better the children's lives. He can say "I'm sorry, I was wrong." He can cry. He can be tender and he can correct. He lives a life worthy of being watched and chased after.

Lord, I thank You for James today. I thank You that my husband is respected at the city gates. He is honored by his children and his wife. I thank You that James is truly the Priest of my home. I can trust him because I know he trusts YOU. Amen

3 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

James sounds wonderful. How blessed to have a man that loves the Lord more than hisself!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

James changed my life, that's for SURE! And I am married to his clone!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

This is precious!!! How awesome that you have found not only true love, but the love of someone who loves your children and who is certainly in touch with his spiritual side. He obviously makes God a priority in his life, which is why you can write a touching post like this!! :)

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home